David and Jennise

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Monday, June 18, 2007

Immigration Officers

I had the worst experience at the immigration over the weekend. After arriving at "M" Immigration, I was shocked at how long the queue was. Me being a "foreigner" I had to wait at the long queue with my Daughter who is holding the same passport as me.

Lucky my Wife and friends were around, who happens to belong to the same country of the "M" Immigration, asked the officer if we could speed through as we had a flight to catch.

We skipped through all the foreigners who were waiting in line and dashed into the little office where there were this lady who attended me. We explained to her that we had a flight to catch, she hashly demand.. "Show me the ticket".. she them mumbled something to her .. as me always a polite person .. asked her ".. sorry, what is it?".. she shouted back... "Not talking to you.. !! "

Wahh what an attitude.. so we keep quiet while she look for the stamps and keying in the details ..

So happen that I saw some newly immigration cards lying on the table, i reached out, grab a few, but thought it was not enough as I will need for my travel the next round, so i reached out the second time and suddenly.. the lady barked at me.." What are you doing.. so rude.. just take like that.." How would we know that we have to ask for it. I mean, if you don't want people to take, then you don't just leave those exposed freely on the table for easy access.

Finally she finished stamping and again barked back" Ok..". But without reaching out to pass the passports to me.. she made me reached over the table to grab the passport from her..

I tell you, if she was not a govt officer I would blast her about the attitude..

Is this the right way to promote your country, when the Govt officers do not show the friendliness to Foreigners?

There's not much we can do.. but just hold our anger inside because, "They are right".. and "We are wrong"..

This has left me a sour note about travelling to the "M" country

Unfortunately, I have to return to the '"den" again, as I will need to travel pass the "M" Immigration to join my Wife and Daughter. Hopefully this time round, it will not be so bad.. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home